To set up Beanstalk integration you will need to add a webhook for Tickd to your Beanstalk SVN repository and set up a Beanstalk integration in Tickd.
Note that Tickd currently only supports integration with SVN repositories hosted in Beanstalk. Mercurial repositories are not supported.
To set up Beanstalk SVN integration in Tickd:
- Open the Admin page by clicking the Admin Menu item in the top menu of Tickd and click the Integrations menu item in the Admin Menu at the left of the page. The integration page will be opened, with the possible integration types shown.
- Click on “Beanstalk” to add a new Beanstalk integration.
- Enter the name of your Beanstalk repository.
- Enter the Repository URL. (This URL is shown on the Beanstalk repository homepage under Subversion repository URL.)
- Click the Save button to create the integration.
- If the email address that you use for accessing your Beanstalk repository is different from the email address that you use for logging on to Tickd, add your Beanstalk email address to the list of alternative emails in your user settings.
To add a webhook to your Beanstalk SVN repository:
- Go to the home page for your Beanstalk SVN repository on the Beanstalk website.
- Click on the Settings menu item at the top of the page.
- Click the Integrations in the menu at the top of the settings page.
- In the integrations page, click the Modular Webhooks link.
- Click the Add a webhook button.
- Enter a suitable name for the webhook in the name field.
- Enter the Url value for Tickd. This will be https://<tickd_domain>/rpc/postnote/index.cfm where <tickd_domain> is the domain for your Tickd instance, for example: https://kiltkraft.tickd.it/rpc/postnote/index.cfm
- Under Triggers, select commit. (Other triggers are not currently supported by Tickd and will be ignored).
- Click the Activate button to create the Webhook.
To view the integrations that have been set up, click the Integrations List icon at the top right of the integrations page. The integrations are listed by name, with an icon showing the integration type. You can filter the list of integrations shown by entering all or part of the integration name in the Filter field at the top left of the page.
- Go to the Modular Webhooks page for your repository on the Beanstalk site (Repository home page – Settings – Integration – Modular Webhooks) The webhooks that have been set up for the repository are listed on the page.
- Click the Settings icon for the Tickd webhook to open the webhook page.
- Check that the URL is correct and that Push Events are selected.
- Go back to the webhook page and click the integration link to view the recent deliveries. Click on a recent delivery to view the details.
- The response code for a delivery should be 200. Any response code other than 200 indicates a problem, but some failed deliveries will have a response code of 200, so check the response body which is shown on the right of the page. A response of +OK indicates success. If an error message is shown it should give some indication of the issue (See below).
Some common issues are:
- Response code: 404, Response body: -FAIL: Repository not found – Check that the URLs set for your Tickd integration and your webhook in Beanstalk are correct.
- Response code: 401, Response body: -FAIL: Disabled repository – Check that the Tickd integration is enabled.
- Response code: 200, Response body: -FAIL: No ticket found – Check that the ticket it used in your commit message is correct.
- Response code: 401, Response body: -FAIL: Tickd user not found – Verify that the email associated with your Beanstalk account is the same associated with your Tickd user account, or listed as alternative emails for your Tickd user account.