To create a new custom field:
- Open the admin projects by clicking the Admin link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Open the custom fields admin page by clicking on the Custom Fields link in the Admin menu at the left hand side of the page.
- Enter the name of the custom field in the custom field name field.
- Select the custom field data type from the custom field type field.
- Click the save button.
- The new custom field will appear on the page with the name and type shown.
Permissions Required: Admin users only
Custom field name requirements:
- Custom field names should be unique.
- Custom field names should be in plain text. Markdown or other formatting cannot be used.
- Custom field names should be short. The maximum allowed length is 64 characters.
- Administration Overview
- Create and manage custom fields
- Delete a custom field
- Set a ticket custom field value