The procedure for creating a timesheet report is similar to that for ticket reports. An admin user can include timesheet data from any user in the report. A user with manager access to projects can run a report for the data associated with these projects. Any user can run a report for their own timesheet data.
To run a timesheet report:
- Open the reports page by clicking the Reports link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click the timesheet (clock ) icon at the top right of the report page. The report Setup page for a new timesheet report will be opened.
- Select the report type, the time period and time output format that you require. Note that the start and end date fields will only be enabled if the Timeframe is set to Custom.
- If you wish to filter the results by user click on the Users icon in the panel at the left of the page and select the users that you want to include in the report.
- If you wish to filter the report results by project, click on the Projects icon at the left hand side of the page. You can select all projects by clicking the all projects checkbox or select individual projects by clicking on them. If a single project is selected you will be shown the option of filtering the results by milestone.
- To filter the report results by timesheet categories, click the Categories icon at the left of the page and select the categories and fields that you require.
- When you have set all of the report options, run the report by clicking the run report button on the panel at the left of the page. The report output will be shown.
Once the report has been run you will be given the option to save the report.
To save the report:
- Click the save report button at the bottom left of the page. The Save Report dialogue will be shown.
- Enter a suitable name for the report in the Report Name field of the dialogue.
- You can opt to make the report public or private by setting the make report private option. If the report is made public, any user with access to the relevant projects will be able to view it.
- Save the report by clicking the save button. The saved report will be shown in the My Reports section of the All Reports panel at the left of the page.